Need more info? Read through our Frequently Asked Questions
- Why should I book a trip through Ketchikan Charter Boats?
Our business is locally owned, owner-operated and we have over 160 years combined skipper experience. This means a high-quality, enjoyable experience that can be customized to your needs.
- When should I reserve my trip?
Remember, during peak times our charters book up fast so avoid disappointment and plan ahead. If you didn’t book a reservation contact us as soon as possible because we may still be able to accommodate you.
- What will my trip include?
All of our Fishing Charters include: All of the top quality bait, tackle, and lures that you’ll need, rain gear (see below “What Should I Wear?”), snacks and beverages (non-alcoholic), as much instruction as you need, inside secrets on where to find the fish, and plenty of fun times!
All of our Sightseeing Charters include: Rain gear (see below “What Should I Wear?”), snacks, and beverages.
- What should I wear?
Summer temperatures in Ketchikan can range from 50 degrees to 70 degrees fahrenheit (10 degrees to 21 degrees celsius); and can range from windy and overcast to calm and sunny. Always wear comfortable clothes and layers relevant to the day’s forecast.
While we do provide some rain gear, to be most comfortable in rainy conditions, you’ll want to have your own.
- How much experience do I have to have?
You don’t have to have any experience at all! Whether you’re an avid fisherman, a hobbyist, you haven’t been fishing since you were a kid or you’ve never been fishing at all, we customize our services to your experience. Many customers are hesitant about what to expect on charter trips and we’re here to tell you, you have no worries. We pride ourselves on giving our customers the care and support they need no matter their level of experience.
- What is your refund/cancellation policy?
- You may cancel reservations up to 14 days in advance. Once you are within the 14-day tour departure window, the tour becomes non-refundable.
- Large group and multi-day trips are cancelable up to 30 days out. Once you are within the 30-day tour departure window, the tour becomes non-refundable.
- In addition, weather cancellations are at the discretion of the skipper and if canceled, you will receive a full refund.
- If you do not make the scheduled departure time of your ship, please call us and we will do everything we can to reschedule, This can even be rescheduled for next year.
- Can we bring children on a charter?
Absolutely. We have host lots of children on our charters! We even have special sized rod holders for the little ones. Creating a special trip for the entire family is our goal at Ketchikan Charter Boats.
- Can I book a trip for just me?
Yes! We are one of the few charter companies that can accommodate single reservations. Please remember that we do try to accommodate many parties of various sizes during the busy season, so if you are booking a charter for one or two people, you will most likely share your boat with another group.
- My husband wants to go on a sportfishing charter – I want to go out on the boat but am not interested in fishing. Can I still book a trip for the both of us?
Definitely. You are more than welcome to join us on the boat and just sit back to enjoy the scenery! Call us and we’ll schedule the perfect trip for you and your husband.
- What wildlife will I definitely see on your charter boats?
You never know what you might see! Wildlife is wild, so we can never guarantee what we’ll see along the way. Throughout the year, Ketchikan is home to eagles, ravens, black bears, Sitka black tailed deer, seals, sea lions, porpoises, orca and humpback whales.