Want to fish but worried because you’re not experienced? Whether you are booking as a single adult or a large group, this is the perfect opportunity for you to learn from a top-notch professional.
- Duration: 8 hours
- Season: May – September
- Ticket includes entry onto the boat
- Taxes, fees, & fishing license extra
Ketchikan, AK Salmon & Halibut Fishing Charters
Similar to our Alaska salmon and halibut charters, except this gives you the best of both worlds! Set out on an all-day sailing adventure and prepare to land each kind of fish. With different bag limits (and their frequent changes), our captains guide you to the right spot to make sure you’ve got a line in the water.
An 8-hour journey, this is a great chance to see some of the more remote (and untouched) fishing spots off of the docks of Ketchikan. We’ve been doing this for years, and our guys know the techniques and locations to give you the best odds at landing the big one. We see fish that are nearly as tall as our anglers, and we can only hope you get to also! Book your space online and prepare to experience Alaska on a unique and spectacular fishing expedition!
Update: 2018 State Bag Limit!
- King salmon is 1 per person per day 28 inches or greater in length
- Kings have slowed down and Pink and silvers are picking up!
- Retention limits are below
Pink Salmon, Silver Salmon Limits
- 6 per person per day
Halibut Limits (Area 2C, Southeast Alaska)
- Charter vessel anglers may catch and retain one halibut per day
- Retained halibut must be less than or equal to 38 inches or greater than or equal to 80 inches in length
- Fishing License Requirements
- Non-Residents 16 years and older need to be licensed
- $25.00 per person for the one day state fishing license
- Additional $15.00 per person for the one day state king salmon tag
- King Salmon availability varies
Licenses may be purchased online here prior to your trip, or may be purchased on the day of your trip for cash only.
- Processing Your Catch
We will transport your fish to FedEx, where they will ship the catch via their overnight service. The cost of shipping depends on location and the weight of the fish, and is not governed by Ketchikan Charter Boats.
- Included in the Cost
- All top quality fishing bait, tackle and lures.
- All instruction necessary to catch fish.
- Beverages (non-alcoholic)
- Rain gear
- Where We Meet You
We will meet you at your ship or as close as we are permitted with our large bright yellow sign “Ketchikan Charter Boats,” and with the last names of the guests we are meeting. Most hotels offer courtesy shuttles. Please arrive 15 minutes before the departure time for your fishing charter in Ketchikan, Alaska.
- What to Wear
- Comfortable clothes
- Layers relevant to the day’s forecast
- Extra rain gear
- Cancellation Policy
All charters are fully refundable if cancelled 60 days prior to the charter date (refunds are directly refunded to you or forwarded back through the original booking agent minus a $25 cancellation processing fee). No refunds are available within 30 days prior to charter. In addition, weather cancellations are at the discretion of the skipper and if cancelled, you will receive a full refund.