Want to fish but worried because you’re inexperienced? Whether you are booking as a single adult or a large group, this is the perfect opportunity for you to learn from a top-notch professional.
- Duration: 8 hours
- Season: May – September
- The ticket includes entry onto the fully outfitted boat.
- Taxes, fees, & fishing license extra
- 8-Hour Trip (Per Person)
Ketchikan, AK Salmon & Halibut Fishing Charters
Similar to our Alaska salmon and halibut charters, this gives you the best of both worlds! Set out on an all-day sailing adventure and prepare to land each kind of fish. With different bag limits (and their frequent changes), our captains guide you to the right spot to make sure you’ve got a line in the water.
This is an 8-hour journey. This is a great chance to see some of the more remote (and untouched) fishing spots off Ketchikan docks. We’ve been doing this for years, and our guys know the techniques and locations to give you the best odds at landing the big one. We see fish that are nearly as tall as our anglers, and we can only hope you get to also! Book your space online and prepare to experience Alaska on a unique and spectacular fishing expedition!
2021 ADF&G Retention Bag Limits: Please check https://www.adfg.alaska.gov/
Please know Fish & Game regulations sometimes change.
Both state and federal regulations may have emergency orders in place concerning size, limit, or catch & release.
- Non-Resident King salmon is one per person per day, 28 inches or greater.
Pink Salmon, Silver Salmon Limits:
- Six fish per day
Halibut Limits (Area 2C, Southeast Alaska)
- Charter vessel anglers may catch and retain one halibut per day.
- Retained halibut must be less than or equal to 50 inches or greater than or equal to 72 inches in length.
- Non-Residents 16 years and older need to be licensed
- $15.00 per person for the one-day
- Additional $15.00 per person for the one-day state king salmon tag
- King Salmon availability varies
Licenses may be purchased online here before your trip or right on the charter boat on the day of your trip for cash only.
We will transport your fish to FedEx, where they will ship the catch via their overnight service. The cost of shipping depends on location and the weight of the fish and not governed by Ketchikan Charter Boats.
We will meet you at your ship or as close as we are allowed with our large bright yellow sign “Ketchikan Charter Boats,” and with the last names of the guests, we are meeting. Most hotels offer courtesy shuttles. Please arrive 15 minutes before the departure time for your fishing charter in Ketchikan, Alaska.
- Comfortable clothes
- Layers relevant to the day’s forecast
- Extra rain gear
- You may cancel reservations up to 14 days in advance. Once you are within the 14-day tour departure window, the tour becomes non-refundable.
- Large group and multi-day trips are cancelable up to 30 days out. Once you are within the 30-day tour departure window, the tour becomes non-refundable.
- Also, weather cancellations are at the skipper’s discretion, and if canceled, you will receive a full refund.
- If the ship is late, we will still be at the described place to meet you and get you fishing if time allows. If not, we will discuss a refund or rebooking at that time.
- If you have unforeseen situations, please call us, and we will do everything we can to reschedule. You may reschedule for next year.