Want to fish but worried because you’re inexperienced? Whether you are booking as a single adult or a large group, this is the perfect opportunity for you to learn from a top-notch professional.
- Duration: 6 hours
- Season: May – September
- Ticket includes entry onto the boat
- Taxes, fees, & fishing license extra
- 6-Hour Trip (Per Person)
Our 6-Hour Halibut Charters in Ketchikan
Fish for halibut in Ketchikan with this specialty fishing charter! These challenging fish are great for the experienced angler, but our captain and crew are excited to help new fishers learn the ins and outs of halibut fishing. This trip allows one halibut per person (limit regulations), and all boats must carry the permit to fish for this species, so if everyone on the ship catches their limit, we can fish for salmon if time permits!
We are US Coast Guard certified to carry a maximum of six guests per charter boat. With limited space per vessel, all seats sold on an individual basis. We have group discounts available — Call 1-907-225-7291 for details and book early.
It’s not worth catching the big fish if you can’t get it home and show it off. With our help, your “bragging rights” are safe. Through our friends at Cedars Lodge, for an additional cost, your fish can be professionally filleted, processed, vacuum-sealed, and shipped right to your home arriving on any day you select! Fire up the grill and invite the neighbors to eat what you caught on your Alaskan adventure!
Current 2019 Federal bag limit regulation
Area 2C (Southeast Alaska)
- Charter vessel anglers may catch and retain one halibut per day
- Retained halibut must be less than or equal to 40 inches or greater than or equal to 80 inches in length
- Please be aware that Fish & Game regulations sometimes change. Each trip is governed by the State and Federal regulations concerning size, limit or catch & release.
- Non-residents 16 years and older need to be licensed
- $25 per person for the one-day
- Additional $15 per person for the one-day state king salmon tag
- King salmon availability varies
Licenses may be purchased online here before your trip or on the vessel on the day of your trip for cash only.
We transport your fish to FedEx, where they ship the catch via their overnight service. The cost of shipping depends on location and the weight of the fish and not governed by Ketchikan Charter Boats.
- All top quality fishing bait, tackle, and lures
- All instruction necessary to catch fish
- Beverages (non-alcoholic)
- Rain gear
We will meet you at your ship or as close as we are permitted. Look for our large bright yellow sign “Ketchikan Charter Boats,” and we’ll have a list of the last names of the guests we are meeting. Most hotels offer courtesy shuttles. Please arrive 15 minutes before the departure time for your Ketchikan halibut fishing charter.
- Comfortable clothes
- Layers relevant to the day’s forecast
- Extra rain gear
- You may cancel reservations up to 14 days in advance. Once you are within the 14-day tour departure window, the tour becomes non-refundable.
- Large group and multi-day trips are cancelable up to 30 days out. Once you are within the 30-day tour departure window, the tour becomes non-refundable.
- Also, weather cancellations are at the discretion of the skipper, and if canceled, you will receive a full refund.
- If you do not make the scheduled departure time of your ship, please call us, and we will do everything we can to reschedule, You have the option to reschedule for next year.