- Duration: 2.5 hours (at minimum)
- Season: May – September
Sightseeing Cruise in Ketchikan
Experience the sights of Ketchikan on this sightseeing charter with Ketchikan Charter Boats! We leave from our location on the docks (located near the Ketchikan Visitor’s Bureau Welcome Center) on one of our custom-made boats with one of our local, experienced captains. As you leave downtown Ketchikan, see the rainbow of homes, the crisscross of boardwalks, and our world-famous Water Street Tunnel (you can drive through, around, and over it!). And if time and conditions allow, we travel into Thomas Basin, where you can get a view of historic Creek Street right from the water.
Traveling further along the glacier carved coastline of Ketchikan, witness the Tongass National Rainforest with its cedar, hemlock, and spruce forests and majestic mountains.
There aren’t many places you can go in the world and experience wildlife as intimately as you can from our waters: ravens in the air, Sitka black tail deer and black bears on the land, and possibly orca and humpback whales, seals, sea lions, and porpoises in the water. And, Southeast Alaska is home to over 15,000 bald eagles, which means some days the eagles are practically everywhere! Pass eagles in flight, active nests, and on a lucky day, catch a glimpse of a majestic bald eagle swoop down to catch a fish. You never know what you might see on our Ketchikan sightseeing charter!
You also get a peek into the rich culture of Alaska’s “First City.” Sea planes flying overhead and commercial fishing boats heading out for their big catch, share our industry. The large collection of Native American Totem Poles within Ketchikan share the history, myths, and legends of the native Tlingit, Haida, and Tsimshian people. As you travel around Pennock island, you get a feel for what it’s like for residents to commute by boat. Book online today, these tours can sell out in advance!
Where We Meet You
We meet you at your ship or as close as we are permitted with our large bright yellow sign “Ketchikan Charter Boats.” Most hotels offer courtesy shuttles. Please arrive 15 minutes before the departure time for your sightseeing cruise around Ketchikan.
What to Wear
- Comfortable clothes
- Layers relevant to the day’s forecast
- Extra rain gear
- You may cancel reservations up to 14 days in advance. Once you are within the 14-day tour departure window, the tour becomes non-refundable.
- Large group and multi-day trips are cancelable up to 30 days out. Once you are within the 30-day tour departure window, the tour becomes non-refundable.
- In addition, weather cancellations are at the discretion of the skipper and if canceled, you will receive a full refund.
- If you do not make the scheduled departure time of your ship, please call us and we will do everything we can to reschedule, This can even be rescheduled for next year.