This experience gives you the best of both worlds: sail out all day aboard one of our boats as we fish for both halibut and salmon! A popular choice for the avid angler.
- Duration: 4-6 hours
- Season: May – September
- Ticket includes entry onto the boat
- Taxes, fees, & fishing license extra
- 4-Hour Trip (Per Person)
- 6-Hour Trip (Per Person)
About Our Ketchikan Salmon Fishing Charter
Want to fish but worried because you’re inexperienced? Whether you are booking as a single adult or a large group, this is the perfect opportunity for you to learn to fish in Alaska from a top-notch professional. We will have you fishing like a native Alaskan in no time! Come catch wild Alaskan salmon on a fishing charter with Ketchikan Charter Boats!
We are US Coast Guard certified to carry a maximum of six guests per charter boat. With limited space per vessel, all seats sold on an individual basis. We book single adults on the four-hour trolling for salmon charters with up to six adults max. All others require four people minimum to book. If you do not see availability on the specific day you want, please give us a call at 907-225-7291 or send us an e-mail.
If you would like to have the boat to yourselves, please let us know, and we can set up a private Ketchikan fishing charter just for you!
It’s not worth catching the big fish if you can’t get it home and show it off. With our help, your “bragging rights” are safe. Through our friends at Cedars Lodge, for an additional cost, your fish can be professionally filleted, processed, vacuum-sealed, and shipped right to your home arriving on any day you select! Fire up the grill and invite the neighbors to eat what you caught on your Alaskan adventure!
2020 ADF&G Retention Bag Limits: Please check https://www.adfg.alaska.gov/
2019 ADF&G retention bag limits
King salmon is catch & release until June 14th.
From June 15th on:
- King salmon is one per person per day 28 inches or greater.
Pink Salmon, Silver Salmon Limits:
- Six per person per day
Please know Fish & Game regulations sometimes change.
Both state and federal regulations may have emergency orders in place concerning size, limit, or catch & release.
Halibut Limits (Area 2C, Southeast Alaska)
- Charter vessel anglers may catch and retain one halibut per day
- Retained halibut must be less than or equal to 38 inches or greater than or equal to 80 inches in length
- Non-residents 16 years and older need to be licensed
- $25 per person for the one-day
- Additional $15 per person for the one-day state king salmon tag
- King salmon availability varies
Licenses may be purchased online here before your trip or on the boat on the day of your trip for cash only.
We transport your fish to FedEx, where they ship the catch via their overnight service. The cost of shipping depends on location and the weight of the fish and not governed by Ketchikan Charter Boats.
- All top quality fishing bait, tackle, and lures
- All instruction necessary to catch fish
- Beverages (non-alcoholic)
- Rain gear
We meet you at your ship or as close as we are allowed with our large bright yellow sign “Ketchikan Charter Boats.” Most hotels offer Courtesy Shuttles. Please arrive 15 minutes before the departure time. We’ll use your last name for confirmation of your charter.
- Comfortable clothes
- Layers relevant to the day’s forecast
- Extra rain gear
- You may cancel reservations up to 14 days in advance. Once you are within the 14-day tour departure window, the tour becomes non-refundable.
- Large group and multi-day trips are cancelable up to 30 days out. Once you are within the 30-day tour departure window, the tour becomes non-refundable.
- Also, weather cancellations are at the discretion of the skipper, and if canceled, you will receive a full refund.
- If you do not make the scheduled departure time of your ship, please call us, and we will do everything we can to reschedule. You may reschedule for next year.